Welcome to my blog! Losing weight and learning to survive it!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dance Studio...a la Bedroom (part 1)

Ok, so dancing.
Why I want to dance
It's fun, it burns calories, I've been wanting to learn for years. Why haven't I? Well when I was a youngin in a wee small town in Oregon, we did have a couple dance studios, but we also had a great Karate School as well. Guess which one my parents went with? Now am I angry about this? Hell no! I enjoyed Karate tons, plus the self defense skills have come in handy! But on the flip side I am a little sad that I didn't learn ballet when I was a kid.

I danced when I was in elementary school, though. We had a dance team(ish) headed by one of the moms and we would do halftime shows during basketball games. I was eleven or twelve at the time and did ok, but my parents went with Karate due the potential value as an adult.

I started gaining weight after I hit puberty and my metabolism slowed down. By the time I was an adult any "graceful swan" action was long gone. Taking group classes in exercise let alone dancing just made me feel like a cow; so I just stayed away. Flash forward and here's me. 300+ lbs and still struggling. So: it's something I think I'll enjoy, and if I dance in my bedroom I don't have to worry about looking like a cow.


1 comment:

  1. that is another great secret from you. you can even lose weight by doing usual home working..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments! I love hearing from you :)

© Me, Exactly Weight Loss Blog 2010-2013

Floating Social Media Buttons for Blogger by Itching And Burning Sensation

Get this