Welcome to my blog! Losing weight and learning to survive it!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Image of Body and Mind

Are you happy with the way you look and/or the way you are? Big or small, I don't care. Are you happy? If you are then you have achieved what evades most of this country as well as much of the world. Feel proud of yourself. I'm not kidding, I'm not being mushy. Give yourself a pat on the back and shout it from the roof tops! (Safely of course, I don't need a lawsuit lol) 



The main thing I would love to see changed is this country's mindset of body image. I am not among you lucky ones. I honestly hate the way I look. And it's not just a body image issue; it's what that weight represents for me. I'm a compulsive over-eater which is causing many health problems such as PCOS to name a big one. I really need to get into some therapy and/or a support group. In the mean time I blog.

Have you seen the Yahoo article Kate Upton Defends Her Curves? My first question on seeing it was "what curves??" After reading I seriously did not want to believe people in this country would call Kate Upton "chubby" and "piggy". Those are the people that piss me off. Not many bring that reaction out of me, but it happens. The good thing that came out of the article was Kate Upton saying [paraphrasing] "Screw you! I look good and I'm healthy", and what I say to that is "Boo Yea!" You mean we have a female celebrity who eats real food, exercises and does what she loves?? Can we get more like her please? There are a few women out there like Jillian Michaels and Gwyneth Paltrow, etc. but we could use so many more women (and men too) big or small just liking themselves for who they are. 
"If you want to be somebody else, change your mind"-Sister Hazel
Our bodies begin in our minds. What we eat, how we perceive others, how we think others perceive us. If there's one thing I've learned about myself these last couple years it's that I wouldn't be where I am in my life, good or bad, if it wasn't for my mind.  

With my mind being the root of my problems, it is also the center for my solutions. "Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind." - Zen Proverb. Wow, I'm throwing out a lot of quotes right now lol. That's because this is not a new problem, nor does it only apply to me. Our minds control our actions so it's time to control mine. 
Wish me luck and a lot of inner strength!

4 comments:

  1. Thats really true. We need to do actually what our mind says, as it controls all our actions. It always lead us to the correct path.



    ReplyDelete
  2. The best weight loss programs are the ones that do not make you go on crazy diets. You will not lose weight if you are uncomfortable with the food you are eating. You will feel stressed about trying to remember what you can and cannot eat. Being stressed will not help you to lose weight. It might even make you gain weight. Thanks a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your site is for sure worth bookmarking.that site

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments! I love hearing from you :)

© Me, Exactly Weight Loss Blog 2010-2013

Floating Social Media Buttons for Blogger by Itching And Burning Sensation

Get this