Welcome to my blog! Losing weight and learning to survive it!

Friday, September 9, 2011

Trucking on Week 1

Week 1 of being quasi veggiesaurus and I'm feeling pretty dang good. I have not been counting calories and I'm pretty happy to forgo that nuisance. What I do check for is nutrition info. Being that I eat mostly veggie now, the vitamin content on the food I've been eating has been pretty good. I gave into compulsion today and weighed myself (but will not weigh myself again till Monday which I'm calling my 'weigh in' day) and I've lost 2 more lbs!!!  I'm pretty amazed right now! So having weighed 302 on Monday that makes me 6 lbs lighter in less than a week! I feel almost like a biggest loser contestant....without the boot camp.

I'm surprised even more at the extra weight loss because yesterday I made French Onion Mac and Cheese and a Roasted Veggie Tart. The tart was very good and nice and healthy. I used Smart Balance Buttery spread. It seems the healthiest of the margarine's with no noticeable Trans fats and a good amount of poly- and mono- unsaturated fats (the ubber good kind). A note to those who want to make a vegan/veggie based tart: Smart Balance and the like, put salt in the butter. It's not very much, but it's there and very noticeable in baking. I made the mistake a few years ago of following a recipe to the letter, but used Smart Balance, and the pastry came out very salty. To combat this, just cut the added measured salt by half. I think the tart recipe I used called for a pinch of salt, so I just made it a very small pinch of Kosher salt.

Anywho, I've had a lot of energy! My room mates have noticed too lol, I don't think the kitchen has stayed as clean as long. There have occasionally been dips in energy, but it's usually because of the heat. I mean it's September and it's still 90 degrees outside! There are some recipes on the "plan" that I haven't really liked. The 'Lentil Dahl' didn't really turn out very good, but I'm not a huge fan of Indian cooking in the first place. It was probably also my fault because I think I overcooked the lentils but meh. I had it with brown rice which actually did turn out great! (and I don't normally like brown rice.) I used a ration of 1 cup of rice per 1.5 cups of water and added a tbs of olive oil to it. I brought the water to a boil first, added the rice, covered it and let it cook for 45-50 min and as I said, it turned out great. Normally when I cook brown rice it turns out slightly mushy and too nutty for me, but bringing the water to a boil first helped tons.

Hopes for a healthy weekend to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments! I love hearing from you :)

© Me, Exactly Weight Loss Blog 2010-2013

Floating Social Media Buttons for Blogger by Itching And Burning Sensation

Get this